Saturday, June 19, 2010

The moment you’ve all been waiting so patiently for!

I can’t believe I’ve already been here over a month! Time has just flown by! I have to admit the first few days were a bit awkward but once we got passed that everything has been amazing. Melissa and David are two of the nicest people I’ve ever met and it didn’t take long for me to find that out. My first Sunday here they drove me to church since they planned to do some shopping a few streets over. My ward is 10 minutes away and starts at 11, we left an hour early that day so we would have enough time to find our way around a marathon that was blocking off most of the major streets. Well 11 rolled around and we still hadn’t found a way around the marathon. I felt so bad for inconveniencing them I wanted to just say I’d skip that week but it was my first week there and I didn’t want them to think church wasn’t a big deal to me. Finally they suggested we just park as close as we could get and walk the rest. So Melissa, David, little Graham and I ran across the marathon runners and then walked the two miles to church up hill in the pouring rain. I felt so bad but they were so sweet about the whole thing. We all get along so well it feels kind of like living with a cousin that pays you to baby sit a lot. J

Going into it I was a bit worried about having to deal with the terrible twos but Graham is a sweet heart. We have so much fun together. David is in D.C. working Monday through Thursday most weeks and Melissa has class at 5 A.M. so most mornings are pretty much the same. Graham and I usually wake up around 9, he is not a morning person so we usually just drink some milk and hang out till 10 when we eat breakfast and he watches Sesame Street while I get us ready for the day. His favorite thing to do is ride in his stroller so we don’t spend much time inside. Sometimes we walk all the way to the park with the stroller full of balls, chalk, bubbles and snacks only to have him refuse to get out because he wants me to keep walking. I’m sure we will have walked just about every inch of Pittsburgh by the time we move! Around 1:30 we go home and eat lunch and take a nap and by then Melissa is usually back unless she has to stay and study. So it’s usually a pretty easy day. Sometimes though the naughty two year old does come out and does things like drops the dog’s leash in its poop, scream, spit, use Sam’s tooth brush, throws things, pees his pants or just plain doesn’t listen. It can be sooo tiring but for the most part we have a lot of fun together we both love playing hide and seek and dancing on my bed. I can’t imagine a better job! I was so blessed to find such a great Family to work for! I love you all and will be sure to keep you posted! It’s going to be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment